This salad is as tasty as it is beautiful! Full of texture and colour, it makes a great lunch or simple dinner…You don’t need to tell your guests how easy it is either! Tip – make extra honey toasted macadamias to snack on – you’ll thank yourself later!
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-3 large handfuls of rocket
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 tsp Changing Habits Turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled if it’s not organic)
- Changing Habits Coconut Oil for cooking each ingredient
- Changing Habits Seaweed Salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly ½ cup of homemade pesto or more if required, such as this one
- Optional: 1/8th cup olive oil, 1/2 lemon or lime juiced
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Chop up the sweet potato into your desired sized pieces. Place in a bowl and coat with 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and lay out the sweet potato pieces evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper evenly, and place in the oven to bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until browned and crispy. The bigger your pieces, the longer it will need to bake.
- Whilst the sweet potato is baking, chop the florets off the broccoli.
- In a medium to high heated pan, add 3 Tbsp coconut oil, and then add the broccoli to start cooking.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and the turmeric and fry for roughly 10 minutes, or until they become crispy and softer. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, coat the macadamia nuts in the honey, and in a medium to high heated pan, add 2 tbsp coconut oil and then the honey macadamia nuts.
- Stir consistently until they have become browned and crispy just like the photo.
- Once all is cooked, allow each ingredient to cool just slightly so it doesn’t immediately wilt the rocket.
- Lay out the rocket, and then top with each ingredient evenly, sprinkle with salt and pepper and an extra drizzle of olive oil and/or lime/lemon juice if you feel it needs it.
What’s your favourite gluten-free salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!